Monday 12 August 2013

Acai power berry smoothie, new raw food workshops and raw cake!

I have been enjoying the benefits of the beautiful acai berry recently. Many of the superfoods used by raw fooders are native to South America, and this wonderful fruit is no exception. It is rich in anthocyanins and flavenoids, both of which are powerful anti-oxidants, helpful in preventing diseases such as heart disease and cancer. These substances also help neutralise free radicals and so have an anti-ageing effect! My favourite way to use the acai powder is in this delicious smoothie:



Acai power berry smoothie:
1.5 cups frozen mixed berries
3 tbsp. goji berries
1 tbsp. acai powder
2 frozen bananas
2 tbsp. shelled hemp seeds
1 tbsp. maca
3 cups pure water

Blitz in the blender until smooth.

I am proud to admit that my raw food enthusiasm is starting to infuse out into my circle of family and friends. It was my brother in law's birthday last week and he requested a raw birthday cake! Of course I could not refuse, I love making raw cakes, and I love giving presents so I couldn't wait to get started! I decided to do a chocolate cake as I knew that's what Dan would like best. So I made a layer of squidgy chocolate cake made from brazil nuts, pecans, walnuts, cacao powder, cacao butter, dates and chocolate covered mulberries. Then I made a sticky toffee layer from dates, almond butter and cacao butter. The final layer was a chocolate icing crafted from cacao butter, coconut butter, cacao powder, agave, almond butter, hemp seeds and lucuma. I then made raw chocolates with fillings inside to go on the top of the cake as I wanted it to look extra special. I filled some with almond butter and some with coconut. I will show you a pic of the finished product but I am keeping the recipe a secret for now as I plan to put it in a new book I am working on, so watch this space for more details about that!






Announcing my new Raw Food for Beginners Workshop! You are invited to join us for a fun and informative half day workshop, learning all about raw living foods. Take part in making and eating a selection of dishes including a nourishing raw green smoothie, yummy raw lunch, mouthwatering raw dessert and luxurious raw chocolate truffles to take home. You will also learn about the basics of raw food, equipment, how to set up a raw prep area in your kitchen, food shopping and sourcing, time saving tips, my top 5 most harmful foods and my top 5 most beneficial foods. You will also receive all information printed out in beautiful handouts, recipe sheets, access to a private Facebook group, and a special bonus free gift from me.

The next workshop is taking place in Rusper, West Sussex on 15th September 11am - 3pm.
Places are strictly limited and are going fast so book your seat today! Only £60 including all teachings, smoothie, lunch, dessert, truffles, materials, hand outs and recipes, private Facebook group and special bonus free gift. Book with a friend and receive £5 discount each, two places for only £110!

Book online at: http://www.rawlifestylecoach.co.uk/#!workshops/c1krl

Wishing you raw health and happiness,

Natalie. x
rawlifestylecoach.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment